Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The BEST Paleo Brownies

I am so excited for this post, because I am about to share one my all time favorite Paleo recipes...and it's a brownie!!!  I'm not sure how much better I can convey the deliciousness of this good-for-you treat in words than a photo can, so let's cut to the chase and start with that:


How amazing do those look?!?  And trust me, they are just as tantalizingly tasty as the pictures make you believe.  These brownies are so rich and moist with a deep cocoa flavor.  They almost taste like dark chocolate brownies, because the cocoa flavor is so intense.  Being that they have just the right amount of sweetness, the cocoa really stands out and is not masked by too much sugar in the recipe.  Just look at how chocolaty these puppies look... 


Let's talk texture.  So I've mentioned that these brownies are super moist, but you're probably wondering if this is a chewy or fudgy brownie.  The answer is actually neither.  While the flavor definitely could fool you into believing this is a fudgy brownie, the texture is actually more cake-like than dense and fudgy.  Now, usually I'm not a big fan of cake-like brownies, because I believe that a brownie should be a brownie and not a cake.  However, this Paleo version of a brownie was such a success, that I don't even care that it's a little fluffier than a brownie should probably be. 


Ok, ready to hear my absolute favorite part of this recipe.  This Paleo brownie is magic.  And by that I mean that it is the ultimate trickster into making people believe that it is the ultimate guilty pleasure and definitely couldn't be in the same sentence as Paleo or healthy unless "not" preceded them.  Lucky for us, we have a recipe to prove that these brownies are actually grain-free, gluten-free, and nutrient dense!  It's pretty unbelievable once you've had a bite of these.  I've tried a few other Paleo and low-carb brownie recipes and they all pale and ultimately fail in comparison with these.  It's not even a close competition.  These truly deserve the title of BEST Paleo brownie!


I wish I could say that I was able to develop this recipe, but all the credit goes to the authors of my favorite Paleo cookbook to date, Primal Cravings, by Megan McCullough Keatley and Brandon Keatley.  


I am in love.  This cookbook takes favorite meals that are usually full of gluten, bad fats, and sugars, and turns them into Paleo friendly meals that are also relatively low-carb.  Not only do they transform foods like a cuban burger, crispy chicken fingers, or a stack of pancakes, but they also elevate their imaginative recipes so that they are full of flavor.  Plus, their images beautifully capture the essence of their food...and make you very hungry.


You won't miss the original, unhealthier versions of their recipes, trust me.  I know from experience with these brownies, and I encourage you to try them and feel the same way!


Here's the magic recipe.  Happy baking!  Just a little warning, these will probably change your life.



1 comment:

  1. Are You Having Problems FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to munch on some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete