Monday, September 22, 2014

Paleo Cheese Crackers

My last post on the blog was for the BEST Paleo Brownies, which I adapted from my favorite Paleo cookbook, Primal Cravings, by Megan McCullough Keatley and Brandon Keatley.  The delicious brownies were a huge hit with my readers, with the post getting the most views out of any recipe on H&R Blog!  Since this recipe was so delicious and nutritious, as well as a success with my readers, I decided that I should try another recipe from Primal Cravings to continue to share the love I have for the food the Keatleys have imagined.  This week, I'm sharing their recipe for Paleo Cheese Crackers!


I just love these little crackers, because being on Paleo can really make you miss carb-y snacks, but these cheesy bites destroy those naughty snack cravings.  See those crisp buttery edges? These crackers are exploding with cheesy and buttery flavors, which makes them feel like a guilty treat.  Don't be surprised if you end up polishing off every single last one of these crackers all by yourself.  It happens...especially in my kitchen.


Now, I know that these are called crackers, but the texture of these buttery rounds is not like the crunchy, crispy texture of conventional crackers like Ritz.  Instead, these Paleo Cheese Crackers have a chewy texture with a slightly crisp, buttery bottom.  They are not crunchy or flaky by any means, but I don't really mind the controversial texture since the flavors are so on point.  Plus, they fill the junk food void of a Paleo lifestyle so there's no need to be picky.

  
Other than snacking, these crackers would also be great for hors d'oeuvres at a party.  Try serving them topped with buffalo chicken wing dip or your favorite chicken salad!  


No comments:

Post a Comment