Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Favorite.

Ok, so I've neglected the blog lately since my editing and merchandising jobs have picked up, and I've missed my hobby blog, so I'm back to share a special post! This post is all about The Favorite.  The favorite what, you ask?  The Favorite cookie.


So I have a handful of cookie recipes that are my go-to's and every one is delicious and a favorite in it's own way.  Sadly for those amazing cookie recipes, there is a number one in my heart, and you're looking at it. 


There are a few reasons why this cookie is my favorite.  The first is that this cookie is soft-batch, which is my absolute favorite kind.  I much prefer soft, chewy cookies over crispy, crunchy ones.  Crispy cookies make me think of sweet crackers, and are so less satisfying than a nice, chewy bite of a soft-batch cookie.  


Second, it has a secret ingredient that really boosts the flavor profile: instant vanilla pudding mix.  Weird, right?  It does seem weird, especially when mixing the cookie dough, because the pudding mix actually makes the dough seem too dry.  Don't worry though, magically these cookies are super moist, and the dryness of the cookie dough prior to baking isn't a problem!  It's hard to describe the rich flavor these cookies have, but thank the vanilla pudding mix.


Third, it's the perfect cookie base for all my favorite mix-ins.  I love to experiment with different combinations of mix-ins in my cookie dough, and this recipe is a perfect base for all sorts of add-ins, making it a versatile recipe!  My favorite mix-ins are mini Reeses Pieces (can you tell?), and PRETZELS.  Along with a sweet mix-in, add a heaping 3/4 cup of salty, broken pretzels to this dough, and your world will be forever changed.  Trust me.  This is one of those perfect sweet and salty combos, and if that is your thing, you don't want to pass this up. 


So there it is, the favorite.  Trust me, this needs to be your next experiment in the kitchen.  Tried it? Let me know how you like it, or hopefully LOVE it like I do!  Here's the recipe, and happy baking :)



No comments:

Post a Comment