Monday, May 5, 2014

For Sharing...

Well, we've started a blog.  But when I say we, I mean that I decided to start a blog and Harrison came up with a witty name...I guess you could call that teamwork, or crew coordination (for all our aviation friends out there)!

So why am I suddenly compelled to start blogging?

There are a few reasons for why I'd like to share snippets of our life with friends online.

For one, I wanted to have an outlet to communicate with friends and family about our married journey in the Army.  With all the moves, exciting opportunities, and curve-balls the Army will undoubtedly throw our way, I hope to keep friends and family "in the know" when it comes to major milestones or day-to-day happenings with the Greens.

For instance, this photo is from Family Day, a flight school event that invites families to finally see their aviators fly!
I had such a great time trying to spot and film Harrison as he flew around the stage field.
Another reason for starting our blog is to share a few passions of mine that often turn into projects for homemakers, culinary enthusiasts, and crafters.  In starting our first home together, I discovered that I love to tackle home improvement projects, try new recipes, and entertain my hobby of crafting.  I hope that I can share a few tips, ideas, and DIY projects that will be useful to my friends and family, and even encourage them to entertain their own hobbies and talents.

Here is another example of the subject of a post you might see on H & R blog.
This is a snapshot of what my cake prep looked like before making a sugary mess in the kitchen...guilty!
The cake, from Southern Living Magazine, was a Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake that I made for my Papaw's birthday.  It was sweet, tart, moist, and delicious!  I highly recommend it as the perfect dessert for a summer party!
Southern Living: Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake

My Papaw's cake before it disappeared!
In all, this blog is for the purpose of sharing.  Whether it's major announcements, favorite recipes, or crafting projects, H & R Blog will share the moments, memories, and milestones of our life together...sorry to those who thought we might be offering tax prep services!


No comments:

Post a Comment